Monday 21 September 2015

I Will Ascend Above




Move over, Egg Benedict! Make way for Cloud Egg or Soufflé Egg. I have never seen this or heard of cloud egg until my friend who was on holiday in Croatia sent me a photo of what she had for breakfast.













After watching a YouTube video on how to make cloud egg, I quickly made a portion for dinner. Yes, Dinner! I wanted something quick and light with minimal washing up. I'm not sure if my cloud egg tastes like hers but it sure looks the same. The meringue is slightly crisp and fluffy. The yolk is done just right. This dish is exactly like what it is called. Cloud Egg!


Cloud Egg with Ham and Chives
serves 1

Ingredients
1 large egg
1 piece of ham, chopped
Small handful of chives, chopped
Pepper and salt to taste
Chili powder and chopped parsley to garnish(Optional)

1 toast or burger bun

  • Preheat oven to 160C
  • Separate egg yolk and white.
  • Whisk egg white, add seasonings to taste. Whisk egg white till stiff peak.
  • Fold in ham and chives.
  • Place half a buttered bun or toast on a lined baking tray. Spoon meringue onto the toast. Make a small dent in the center for the yolk. Bake for 15 mins until slightly browned, remove from oven and gently pour yolk in the center.
  • Bake for another 5 minutes or until yolk is done to your liking.


Note: I used home made garlic buttered bun.























I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the most high. Isaiah 14:14

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...