Thursday 30 July 2015

I Promise You




This is probably the healthiest recipe I ever posted!  I have made these Granola Bars many times, and I should share this with you sooner.  I usually bake my home made granola bars when I have trail walks with my fellow walkers. Our trail walks are usually about 13-15km and these are good to fill the hungry walkers' stomach along the way.




Granola bars can be easily baked at home. Made with no added sugar and using only natural raw ingredients, they are a good meal replacement for dieters, and a nutritious snack for growing teens. You can also add milk and eat them like your morning cereal.


Granola Bars
makes about 18-20 bars

2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped nuts (any nuts you fancy)
1 cup shredded coconuts

Toast the above in 180C oven for 10 minutes.

1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
2/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/1/2 cup dried fruits (apricots, cranberries,raisins)

Add these into the hot toasted oats, nuts and coconuts. Stir and mix. Press into a 9" x 11" brownie tray. Press and pack as tightly as possible. Bake in 175C for 20-25 mins. Leave to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Store bars in freezer to keep them crisp.










I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lian,
    Yes, with few natural raw ingredients to make some healthy Granola bars. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thank you for dropping by;-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Lian,
    I'm the only one in the family who enjoy granola bars. So I seldom make it, but when I do, I'll finish almost all of it myself!
    Yours looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joyce. Agree not many people like granola bars;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...