Bruschettas are very simple and fast to prepare, The key is as always to use great ingredients for great results. You'll be surprised once you put these into your mouth! This is what you need to do for the dressing.
Loosely adapted from Jamie's Italy
2 slices of bread
small grape tomatoes/egg plant
1 garlic clove
5 leaves of fresh basil leaves
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
pinch of salt
pinch of ground pepper
- Slice tomatoes and eggplant.
- Toss eggplant slices with olive oil and grill on grill pan.
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and minced garlic. Toss tomatoes and grilled eggplant in the mix. Tear basil leaves into thin strips, and mix in. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the baguette into 4 slices and rub in with a clove of garlic. Toast the bread until it turns golden brown.
- Place the tomatoes and eggplant on the toasted bread and garnish with some strips of fresh basil.
This post is linked to Cook Like A Star 'All Star Anniversary'. This is organised by Mich of Piece of Cake,
Zoe, Bake for Happy Kids and Joyce, Kitchen Flavour.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9