Wednesday 13 March 2013

Simple Faith



I have many friends who like chiffon cakes. There is no butter but vegetables oil, eggs, flour and flavoring in a chiffon cake. I had always mistakenly thought chiffon cake was created by the Japanese. NO, it was originated in the United States and created in 1927 by a man called Harry Baker. I find it quite amusing whenever I tell my non baking friends that I am baking a chiffon cake, they will immediately thought I am baking a Pandan chiffon. There are many, many varieties and flavors and I have baked no less than 10 different flavors.
Many people here do not like cream on chiffon cakes. When I made this Green Tea Chiffon for my friend, I was very tempted to make a green tea cream filling. I decided against it because I knew she would not like it.  This cake is very light, fluffy and fragrant.  If only I could slice and show you the inside texture, you would have agreed with me.








Green Tea Chiffon 
Recipe source: Okashi


Ingredients

Pastry flour 70g
Green Tea powder 10g
Egg yolks 5
Castor sugar 20g
Water 70g
Canola oil 60g

Meringue
Egg whites 180g (5 eggs)
Castor sugar 90g
Rice flour or corn flour 10g


Method


  • Preheat oven to 160C
  • Sift flour and green tea powder twice. Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add water and canola oil and blend together. Add flour and green tea powder mixture and mix until batter becomes sticky. Set aside.
  • Make meringue. Combine sugar and rice or corn flour. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add half of sugar and flour mixture and continue beating for a few minutes, then add remaining sugar and flour mixture and beat until egg whites are glossy, with stiff peaks.
  • Add one third of meringue into egg yolk mixture and fold in lightly, then add remaining meringue and fold to incorporate completely.
  • Pour batter into an ungreased 20 cm chiffon cake tube pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes. When cake is done, remove from oven and turn it over, leaving it to cool.
  • Once cake has cooled completely, carefully run a knife or spatula around the sides of the cake to loosen it before inverting onto a wire rack.
Green Tea Cream
Whipping cream 250g
Green Tea powder 7g
Castor sugar 1 1/2 tbsp

Combine ingredients in a clean bowl. Whip cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form. but cream is still smooth. Do not over whip or the cream will become grainy and separate.


















Simple Faith

When I was walking past this sign, I was reminded of the time when my daughter was about five years old. She asked me if she can get to eat anything she wants in heaven, like all her favorite candies and ice cream.
I asked her, "If there were no candies in heaven, do you still want to go?"
Without hesitation, she said, "Yes."
"Why?" I asked.
"I have Jesus with me, surely He will supply me all the candies in the world, and I know I will not be sick from eating candies all day long." she replied.

Such simple faith. To me simple faith in Christ is like the trust a kid has in a loving parent. It will never enter the child's mind if he is raised in a loving family that he will have nothing to eat or dressed and he will always be protected, comforted and even forgiven.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 
Hebrew 11:1



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...