Monday 21 January 2013

Peace I Leave With You


Another way to have your salmon. Serve this as starter or for light lunch with salad. I like the broccoli bits in it for texture. I got this recipe from BBC GoodFood app and would love to try all
the recipes, if possible. I like to refer to BBC GoodFood for cooking ideas. Most of the recipes there are easy to follow and fail proof,  the food always turn out delicious too.

 You can serve these cakes with tartare sauce or sweet chilli sauce.




Salmon and Broccoli Cakes
Adapted from BBC GoodFood
Serves 4


Ingredients

500g potatoes, cut into chunks (less than 500g)
85g broccoli, cut into small florets (less than 85g)
2 poached salmon fillets (baked salmon)
1 lime
Small bunch of dill, chopped
1 tbsp sunflower oil (extra virgin olive oil)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard (omitted)


Method


  • Cover the potatoes in salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 8-10 mins, until just tender,adding the broccoli 3 mins before the end of cooking time.
  • Drain, allow it all to steam dry, then roughly mash. Flake the salmon, add half the lime juice and dill with some seasoning, then shape into 4 cakes.
  • Heat the oil in a pan and fry the cakes for 3 mins each side until golden. Serve with extra lime wedges and small salad.
Note: You do not need to follow the weight of potatoes, broccoli and salmon exactly. 





















Seeking Comfort and Peace


"But the comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance , whatsoever I have said unto you.
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.                       John 14:26,27



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...