Thursday 6 December 2012

One Way



I need to clear my fridge and larder before my 2 weeks holiday. In the fridge I have three types of shredded cheese; mozzarella, emmental and parmesan near expiry dates. There is also a pack of diced ham. In the larder,  I have 2 opened bags of pasta, penne and farfalle. I have also stocked a few cans of mushroom soups which I use not for soup but for some gratin dishes like baked broccoli, baked rice and pasta.
With these stocks to clear,  I make a quick dinner of Baked Penne Pasta for 4

Ingredients

400g Penne pasta
1 can  mushroom soup + 1 can of water
100g diced ham
1 small onion, finely chopped
Any leftover cheese for topping
Ground black pepper to taste


Method


  • Cook penne pasta till al dente, about 8 minutes and drained
  • Fry finely chopped onion till soft. Add in diced ham. Set Aside.
  • Cook mushroom soup with water. Add in chopped onions and diced ham.
  • Add pasta into soup and mix.Add ground pepper to taste.
  • Top pasta with cheese and bake in oven proof dish for 20 mins at 200C.











One Way






 'One Way God Said  To Get To Heaven, Jesus Is The Only Way'  The Children sing this song many times in Sunday School and many believe that they can get to heaven by doing good deeds. They forget about following Jesus is the only way to heaven.
As I was growing up in the early 70s, my parents who were non believers and my father still is, taught us to believe the way to get to heaven, one must do good deeds and most importantly must be obedient and filial to one's parents. Well, that's not wrong teaching, except they did not know who can lead me the way to heaven. "How can we know the way?"




Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."       John 14:6





During the 70s, Haw Par Villa was one of the must visit place in Singapore for tourists and locals alike.  During Chinese New Year, many families would go to Haw Par Villa. As children, we were often brought to view the 'Ten Courts of Hell' to see what hell is like, and the kind of punishment and torture
in there. We were also 'threatened' by the adults to send us there if we misbehaved. That was scary to me, as a child growing up in the early 70s.


Pictures show Chinese mythology  'Ten Courts of Hell' in Haw Par Villa.












'This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'     Matthew 13:49-50
                                    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...