Tuesday 6 November 2012

Gift of Salvation


Chocolate Chips Cookies
Almost every novice home bakers will learn to bake cookies and muffins when they first started. I did my first bake when I was fourteen. My first bake was Rock Bun or Rock Cake and the recipe was from my Domestic Science textbook. The feeling then was ecstatic when the first tray came out of the oven.

Rock Bun is a small fruit cake with a crunchy texture and look like little rock, thus the name Rock Bun. It originated in Great Britain and  is a traditional teatime cake.  Rock bun is one of Harry Potter's favorite tea time treats.

There are hundreds of chocolate chip cookies recipes and I have tried baking no less than 8 recipes. I have not stopped my search for the best chocolate chip cookies yet, with each recipe more to my ideal each time I bake. This, for the time being is my recipe to go to, for soft centered cookies. Thank you Peng's Kitchen for recipe source.




Ingredients

115gm unsalted butter
50gm white sugar
100gm brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla paste
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp hot water
1/4 tsp salt

190gm plain flour
170gm semi sweet chocolate chips
60gm chopped walnuts

Methods


  • Cream butter and all sugar together until light and fluffy.
  • Beat in egg until well blended. Stir in vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add into batter along with the salt. Beat briefly
  • Sift in flour and fold till batter formed. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts until well mixed.
  • Drop large spoonfuls of batter onto lined baking sheets. (I use an ice cream scoop).
  • Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 12-15 mins until the edges are lightly brown.
  • Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring on wire rack to cool completely before storing.











So good, they're gone fast










Gift of Salvtion

Last Sunday school lesson was on God's gift to us, The Gift of Salvation. This gift is so precious and we must be thankful and grateful to God who sent his one and only son, Jesus who died on the cross for our        sins. Salvation is absolutely free, the true gift of God in Christ, and  we receive this gift by faith through the Grace of Jesus Christ.    


Learning to wrap gift boxes 




 "For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'. Jeremiah 29:11 





'For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...