|Salmon Teriyaki Lemon Pomegranate Cous Cous|
When I first came across this picture from sugar and spice it was the color of this dish that attracted me. Not only it looks and tastes delicious, it is so fast to cook. I will make this dish for my salmon loving guests and for Chrismas lunch? Definitely!
4 pieces of salmon fillets
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp sake
1 tbsp brown sugar
4 cm root ginger, grated and squeezed to give 2 tsp juice
pinch of black pepper
Note: I used store bought Teriyaki marinade
- Heat the grill to high. Mix together the marinade ingredients, put the salmon in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and cook the salmon skin-side-down, for 4-5 minutes until the skin is crisp and the salmon almost cooked through. Spoon over a little leftover marinade and slide under a hot grill. Cook until the surface is glossy brown.
Ingredients for the Lemon Pomegranate Cous Cous
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, juice only
500ml boiling chicken stock or water
1 tsp salt and black pepper
3 tbsp chopped mint or coriander
1 pomegranate, cut in half, seeds removed
- Place the couscous in a bowl and add the olive oil and lemon juice, and mix well.
- Pour over the boiling stock or water and season with salt and pepper.
- Leave on one side to sit until all the liquid has been absorbed - about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped herbs and add the pomegranate seeds.
Thank and Praise the Lord 220 children have registered with Powerlab camp. We have to hold back another 30 over forms due to space constraint and also these children are worshipping from other churches. This is an outreach after all but we're still open and welcome all children from non Christian homes. Early bird registration is closed.
Jesus said in Mark 10:14 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.'