Many people who tried Jamie Oliver's recipes like his easy and fail proof recipes. Chicken In Milk is one recipe that sounds odd, but has such a fantastic combination. It is simple to prepare and so good to eat. I browned the chicken in happycall pan before baking in oven. I love the happycall pan though I seldom use it for cooking. It is useful for frying fish, keeping the kitchen splatter and odor free. You can also use the pan to bake cakes.
I butterflied the chicken for easy roasting, preferring this way because cooking time is cut by half and chicken is evenly browned.
1.5 kg chicken
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
115 grams butter
1/2 cinnamon stick
1 good handful fresh sage
2 lemons, zested
6 cloves garlic, skin left on
565 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 190C, and find a snug-fitting pot for the chicken.
- Season it generously all over with salt and pepper, and fry it in the butter, turning the chicken to get an even color all over, until golden.
- remove from the heat, put the chicken on a plate, and throw away the butter left in the pot. This will leave you with tasty sticky goodness at the bottom of the pan, which will give you a lovely caramel flavor later on.
- Put your chicken back in the pot with the rest of the ingredients, and cook in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours or 1/2-45 minutes(butterflied).
- Baste with the cooking juice when you remember. The lemon zest will sort of split the milk, making a sauce, which is absolutely fantastic.
- To serve, pull the meat off the bones and divide it on to your plates. Spoon over plenty of juice and the little curds. Serve with wilted spinach or greens and some mashed potato.
Glory to the Lord ! We are almost there with all the volunteers we need. I am praying for this lady, G who is a mother of one of my old Sunday school child. G is a nurse who holds two jobs to support the family. When I approached her to serve as the camp nurse, she readily said yes and would apply leave to serve. I pray that she will be granted leave from her busy schedule to serve as our camp nurse.
All the volunteers will have to attend a half day Pre- camp briefing and training on the 13 November which is a public holiday. The purpose of this meeting is to familiarize themselves with the camp activities and the objectives. The Lord has brought all of us together to experience His miraculous power at work in and through us as we serve Him. He will certainly work mightily in the hearts of the 250 children whom we are expecting at the camp too. Praise the Lord!
G's leave is not approved, but the God loving lady wants to serve during her rest time. She will be at the camp from 9am to 2pm before leaving for work at 3pm. We will arrange someone(doing bus duty) to drive her to work so that she doesn't need to rush back to work.