Thursday 13 September 2012

A Whole New Flavour!


Strawberry Balsamic Pizza with Chicken,Onions and Applewood Bacon

When I first saw this at lena's blog, I was attracted by the colour and the unusual combinations. Indeed this is very delicious, make a wonderful Christmas food.

Besides pizzas and pastas which the Italians are known for, they are the ones who also invented these.


 I came across this leaflet in a cutlery pack at one of my favorite pizzeria, Pizzeria and Osteria Mozza by Mario Batali. I have dined at his restaurant many times, but have not posted any reviews. This is because my teenage children find it very uncool to take food pictures in restaurants,so does my husband. These are our usual orders:
Antipasti - Chicken wings alla Diavolo
                  Calamari al forno with fagioli and oregano
                  Prosciutto di parma&bufala mozzarella
                  Chopped salad

Bruschetta - chicken livers,capers,parsley&pancetta

Pizza - fungi misti,fontina and thyme
            Egg,bacon,Yukon gold potato & bcippolini, onions and prosciutto

Dolci - Caramel copetta with marshmallow sauce & salted Spanish peanuts
            Mixed berry copetta
            Mixed favours gelatos

These look like a lot of food for 5, but is not, the antipasti and bruschetta portions are small, and the pizzas are thin, there are never leftovers. The food is that good. Next visit, I shall take pictures regardless of their protests.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...